Skilled Migrant Immigration Visa Category For New Zealand
The skilled migrant immigration visa category is one of the most sought-after options for individuals and families who are seeking New Zealand immigration.
Why the skilled migrant category?
The drawback with other visa categories is that no matter how experienced a person is, he or she can only apply if they fall within the skill shortage lists (long or short term). The good thing about this immigration visa category is that if you are skilled and fulfill the requirements, you can apply any time you want.
Who can apply?
If you have qualifications and experience in a certain field, you can try your luck with this immigration visa category. However, you will need to get your qualifications converted to NZ equivalent to earn points for them. Also, your work experience may or may not get your points.
Application for the skilled migrant category can be filed from within New Zealand or anywhere else in the world.
The process takes about a year. If you include the time of preparing the documents, getting equivalence and verification, then the time would be anywhere between 18 months to 2 years.
How to apply:
Applicants can apply for immigration as a skilled migrant using these steps:
- Check if you qualify for minimum point requirements.
- Lodge an application for Expression of Interest (EOI). A preliminary or cursory analysis of your application will be conducted.
- If you are invited for the next stage, you will apply with Invitation to Apply, along with all your documents.
Please remember that step 1 is free, but separate payment is charged for Step 2 and Step 3.
How to prepare documents?
Here are a few tips:
- Get all your non-English documents translated.
- Convert your foreign qualifications to NZ equivalent.
- Get your work experiences and certifications verified.
- Get all documents attested by concerned authorities.
Once all documents are ready, you can apply through this link: