Category of Family Sponsored for US Immigration
Some of the common ways that people use for getting US immigration are reuniting with family, being a skilled migrant, cultural diversification, or political refugee. Family sponsored US immigration used to be a very popular method and is still relevant today in US immigration law.
Let us find out some more details about this immigration visa category.
What is family sponsored immigration?
There are a set of requirements that the migrant needs to fulfill if they want to be considered for this immigration visa category. Let us take a look at some of the basic requirements:
- As the name implies, family-sponsored immigration option is only for close family members. If the applicant cannot prove blood relation with the sponsor, they cannot apply for immigration on its basis.
- The applicant should also be financially stable so that once they migrate to the USA, they do not become a burden on the social system right away.
- Age requirements are also set out for this visa category.
It is also important to note that the number of applicants accepted for this immigration category is limited. This implies that the applicant might have to wait for the evaluation and selection stages.
How to apply for this immigration category?
If you want to apply for this visa category, here is what you need to do:
- The sponsor (either a US citizen or a permanent resident) files the immigration application.
- Relevant authorities make a decision on that application.
- Depending on wait times, the successful applicants may have to wait for the visas to open.
- Once approved, the immigrant can then apply for a Green Card, once the conditions are fulfilled.
An applicant or the sponsor may wish to apply for legal assistance if they are unsure about anything. Please check other related blogs on our website for more information.